Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Chicken Spread


Hey ya'll! I'm back!

I know, I know, it's been too long...for you & me both.

But good news! I'm on the fast track now with my post & blogging so you'll be seeing alot more of me.

As mentioned in my last "I'm still here" post I mentioned new additions & those are on the way, it takes a little work to add new features to your blog. But never fear, they will be here soon.

So let's talk about why we are here today...the chicken spread.

This recipe came to me from my friend & former co-worker Lauren.

That's former on my part not hers. She's still there, I'm not.

I'm blogging...amongst other things.

Anyway.

Lauren brought this to a baby shower a few months back & it was delicious. Addictive in fact. So of course I quickly asked her for the recipe & made it the first opportunity I had. Which was a random Saturday when I was bored & wanted a low-carb snack.

Remember that low-carb lifestyle I try so desperately to follow?

Yeah. Still doing that & this recipe fits the bill for it.

So let's get to the recipe & let me apologize for the lack of step-by-step pictures. This is one of those throw everything in a bowl, mix together & serve deals & not until I got almost done making it did I remember to take pics...I know! I'm sorry. But this is super easy, I promise. I also made a small tweak, Lauren's recipe called for 2-8oz blocks of cream cheese & it made it a little to firm for me, so I substituted mayo & sour cream for one of the blocks of cream cheese & it turned out perfect.

All you do is mix together canned chicken, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, paprika, dill weed, garlic powder, parsley, diced onion & lemon juice. Chill for at least an hour to let the flavors blend & voila. You have chicken spread or dip or stuff or whatever you wanna call it. You may serve it with crackers of your choice, cheese crisps, it would be really good with celery, carrots, bell pepper, whatever blows your skirt up.


It's delicious. Try it & let me know what you think.

Here's the full recipe with measurements & all that.

Lauren's Chicken Spread

1-8oz block of cream cheese
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
1/2 cup of sour cream
1-13oz can of chicken, drained
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp dill weed
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1 tsp lemon juice

Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise & sour cream together until well blended. Add in chicken & remaining ingredients, mix well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Serve with your favorite crackers or raw vegetables.

1 comment:

  1. yummy! cant wait to try it. i love something really quick i can fix and get back to my desk for work. thanks for posting and welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete